Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shattered Soul, by Jennifer Snyder

Hellish Nightmare...

If seventeen-year-old Seth Bradson were to describe his life in two words, those would be the two he’d choose. Seth prefers to cope with his crappy existence by spending his days in a drug-induced haze. But when Ali Carson steps into his life, Seth finds something he’s subconsciously been seeking—a new drug, one that consumes his mind unlike any other.

 Love.         
 In a moment of unforgivable weakness, Seth allows Ali to try crystal meth, his most addictive temptation. This single event begins the unraveling of both their lives and forces Seth to learn the definition of regret the hard way.

This book is the harsh truth of drug addiction. The Raw emotion this read made me feel was TENSE! The way MS. Snyder described the hit's and the smoke I think would make any addicts mouth water. I also think that this should be a must read book for teens, helping them to see that 1 time thats all it takes and you slip. Time runs out, it's to late. I read this book in one sitting, it is a short read but gave me some pretty powerful and tense feelings. The whole way through I was rooting for Seth and Ali, even though in my heart I knew what the out come would be. Strongly suggest this read to any one 14 years and up that thinks drugs might be fun and that they are invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment