Saturday, September 17, 2011

Enchantment, by Charlotte Abel

Sixteen year old Channie Kerns leads an idyllic life of seclusion and magic deep in the Ozark Mountains ... until her family is forced to flee for their lives.

They leave everything and everyone behind to start over in Louisville, Colorado. Magic is forbidden while they are in hiding, but Channie can't resist the temptation to enchant a group of local boys. When her overbearing parents catch her flirting with these "sex-crazed, non-magical delinquints,” they slap a chastity spell on her to protect her virtue.
The spell is triggered by lust, so just navigating the halls at her new school is an ordeal. She can't even touch a boy she's attracted to without blasting him with a jolt of magical energy that feels like a taser.

When Channie falls in love with Josh Abrim, a BMX racer with dangerous secrets of his own, she rebels against her parents and turns to dark and forbidden magic to break the chastity spell ... with disastrous results.

This book was so amazing. I loved the way the author was able to wrap me up in who "Channie" was and the true love she had with Josh. I am in awe. Every girl wants their prince charming to be just like Josh. This was the ultimate fairy tale! LOVED IT! Hope there is more to come! It made me cry and laugh and AWH and gasp. I really felt this story as I was reading it. A make your heart warm and tingle kind of love story! Thanks for giving me the honor to review it for you Charlotte!
This is for sure going on one of my best reads ever list! I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a feel good heart warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment