Saturday, September 24, 2011

If I Tell by Janet Gurtler

Jasmine Evans knows one thing for sure... people make mistakes. After all, she is one. Jaz is the result of a onenight stand between a black football player and a blonde princess. Having a young mother who didn't raise her, a father who wants nothing to do with her and living in a small-minded town where she's never fit in hasn't been easy. But she's been surviving. Until she sees her mom's new boyfriend making out with her own best friend. When do you forgive people for being human or give up on them forever?



****First I must say thanks to netgalley and sourcebook fire for giving me the honor to review this book! ****
I really liked this book. It was a great fast read. Took me a little to get into it, page 58 is where I got the feeling of where I didn't want to stop reading it, even though nothing really eventful happened. I think that is where the story started to come together for me. Anyway I would for sure recommend this read to any looking for a heart warming story. Jaz was bi-racial and she just wanted to fit in. She was always worried about what people thought of her. Something really tragic happened to her in the fourth grade that she kinda based her existence on. She has so many secrets. I think throughout the book Jaz realizes it is okay to talk to people about her troubles, it helps lighten her load in a sense. I want to read more of Janet Gurtler. This is the first book of hers I read and I really enjoyed it



No comments:

Post a Comment